Heating & Air Conditioning » Geothermal Heat Pump » Geothermal Heat Pump Forced Air » Single Stage » VFW-1019
Short Desc.:18,000 btu water source heat pump
There is now a 30% government tax credit for homeowners that install geothermal heat pumps with no maximum limit!!!! Check out Learn more for all the information.
What is a GeoThermal Heatpump?
Because underground temperatures do not change and remain relatively constant year-round, a geothermal system, which consists of an indoor unit and a buried earth loop, capitalizes on these constant temperatures.
The winter, fluid circulating through the system's earth loop absorbs stored heat and carries it indoors. The indoor unit compresses the heat to a higher temperature and distributes it throughout the building. In the summer, the system reverses, pulling heat from the building, carrying through the earth loop and depositing it in the cooler earth.
Why are geothermal heat pumps more efficient than air source heat heat pumps?
The geothermal system cycles water from a well, pond, lake or river, or water piped through underground plastic tubing, to warm or cool the heat pump's refrigerant. Liquid such as water or an antifreeze solution is a much better heat transfer medium than air. Overall, the liquid medium for heat transfer is about 30% more efficient than air.
How many Types of Geothermal Units Exist?
There are 4 types:
We carry 1.5 Ton to 5.5 Ton, Closed Loop and Open Loop Systems.
(please call 800-360-1569 for prices!!)
Satisfied Geothermal Customer
Ed from Farmington, ME wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that the filter rack worked perfectly. My geothermal system is heating my house and the temperature last night was below 0 degrees. My house is over 3000 sq ft.and compared with oil I save at least $450 even though my electric bill for the month of December was $150 over what I paid last year, and it is less than the cost of heating with wood without all the mess and work. Needless to say I am very happy with my system. At some point, I will need to add some way to heat hot water (we are still using the old oil boiler until the tank is empty) and a small propane furnace to help the geothermal on the coldest days. I am thinking of and on demand hot water system but I would be interested in any suggestions that you might have.
Thanks for sticking with me after the sale.
We are pleased to introduce the new Enfinity™ Model VFC/VFW vertical floor-mounted water source heat pump (sizes 009 thru 070).
Enfinity™ Model VFC/VFW vertical floor-mounted water source heat pumps use non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant, which – along with high Energy Efficiency Ratios (EER’s) – helps preserve our environment and precious energy resources. Units offer maximum flexibility to help you achieve high efficiency, low operating costs and superior IAQ within your commercial or residential building budget.
- They can be selected for standard boiler/tower or geothermal applications
- Multiple configurations reduce design time and help you avoid obstructions and use minimum ductwork to reduce installation costs
- Multiple factory-installed features and options allow you to select the unit that closely matches your application requirements while lowering installation costs.
- Small footprint design makes it easier to meet space requirements for new construction and replacement applications
- R-410A Refrigerant – Has no ozone depletion potential or phase-out date, helping to minimize environmental impact and protect against refrigerant availability issues over the economic life of your equipment investment.
- MicroTech® III Unit Controller – Open ChoicesTM control feature allows Standalone or easy integration into a LONWORKS® (LonMark 3.4 Certified) or BACnet® communications network using and add-on communication module.
- ECM fan motor – improves unit efficiency and maintains constant airflow over varying system static pressure.
- Hot Gas Reheat Coil – Required for many applications needing added humidity control, this option is selectable for sizes 019 to 070.
- Desuperheater – this heat exchanger system aids in domestic hot water production while the water source heat pump is in the cooling mode of operation.
- Auxiliary/Emergency Electric Heat Coil (5kw or 10kw – single point power) – in emergency situations where the compressor no longer functions, the integral electric heat coil can provide temporary heating until the compressor is replaced.
- 2-way motorized valves (NO or NC) – ideal for variable pumping applications – when there isn’t a call for unit operation, the valve closes, reducing the flow requirements through the condenser water loop.
- Compressor Sound Blanket – new and improved compressor sound blanket for sound sensitive applications.
- Painted Cabinet - suitable for residential applications.
Geothermal Tax Credits
Due to the recent passage of the 2009 Stimulus Package there are new benefits to installing a geothermal heating and cooling system! This package offers a onetime tax credit of 30% of the total investment for all residential ground loop or ground water geothermal heat pump installations. There is no maximum limit cap on installation cost.
Energy Star requirements must be met or exceeded and the unit must be installed after December 31, 2007 to qualify for this tax credit. To file for the credit owners should complete the Renewable Energy Credits subsection on their tax return forms or speak to a professional tax associate. No proof of purchase is required; however, owners are encouraged to keep records of the purchase and installation. The tax credit is available through December 31, 2016.
Request More Information
Phone Number: or