Heating & Air Conditioning ⁄ Geothermal Heat Pump ⁄ Geothermal with Install Package ⁄ Horizontal Ground Loop ⁄ DC Inverter Variable Speed ⁄ DC Inverter Daikin 4 Ton Install
There is now a 30% government tax credit for homeowners that install geothermal heat pumps with no maximum limit!
Geothermal Tax Credits
Due to the recent passage of the 2009 Stimulus Package there are new benefits to installing a geothermal heating and cooling system! This package offers a onetime tax credit of 30% of the total investment for all residential ground loop or ground water geothermal heat pump installations. There is no maximum limit cap on installation cost.
Energy Star requirements must be met or exceeded and the unit must be installed after December 31, 2007 to qualify for this tax credit. To file for the credit owners should complete the Renewable Energy Credits subsection on their tax return forms or speak to a professional tax associate. No proof of purchase is required; however, owners are encouraged to keep records of the purchase and installation. The tax credit is available through December 31, 2016.
What is included in this package?
This package was designed with the do-it-yourself person in mind. They include everything needed to install a geothermal closed loop horizontal ground system. The only thing you have to do is dig the trenches for the piping to be laid in. Everything in the package is as follows:
After the piping has been laid in the trenches, they collect at the Header/Manifold. The connect with a compression fitting so all you have to do is tighten the fitting to seal the system up. From there the Hosekit includes all necessary adapters to connect the Header/Manifold to the Flow Center. The Flow Center is a patented non-pressurized water pump.
This allows for low maintenance and easy access for adding fluids to the system when necessary. It also has a self-purging system to keep optimal conditions for the highest efficiency possible. From there the Hosekit connects the Flow Center to the McQuay geothermal heat pump.
What is a GeoThermal Heatpump?
Because underground temperatures do not change and remain relatively constant year-round, a geothermal system, which consists of an indoor unit and a buried earth loop, capitalizes on these constant temperatures.
The winter, fluid circulating through the system's earth loop absorbs stored heat and carries it indoors. The indoor unit compresses the heat to a higher temperature and distributes it throughout the building. In the summer, the system reverses, pulling heat from the building, carrying through the earth loop and depositing it in the cooler earth.
Why are geothermal heat pumps more efficient than air source heat heat pumps?
The geothermal system cycles water from a well, pond, lake or river, or water piped through underground plastic tubing, to warm or cool the heat pump's refrigerant. Liquid such as water or an antifreeze solution is a much better heat transfer medium than air. Overall, the liquid medium for heat transfer is about 30% more efficient than air.
Which type of Geothermal Unit is this?
Horizontal Energy Systems (Closed Loop) also utilize the Earth's plentiful and renewable thermal characteristics. Like the Vertical Energy systems, Horizontal Energy Systems circulate water or an antifreeze solution through a closed loop network of sealed and pressurized plastic pipe that is buried in the ground. Instead of inserting the plastic pipe into vertical wells the pipe is laid into horizontal trenches that are trenched at a typical depth of 4 to 6 feet and to a length of 75 to 400 feet per ton of air conditioning.
Satisfied Geothermal Customer:
Ed from Farmington, ME wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that the filter rack worked perfectly. My geothermal system is heating my house and the temperature last night was below 0 degrees. My house is over 3000 sq ft.and compared with oil I save at least $450 even though my electric bill for the month of December was $150 over what I paid last year, and it is less than the cost of heating with wood without all the mess and work. Needless to say I am very happy with my system. At some point, I will need to add some way to heat hot water (we are still using the old oil boiler until the tank is empty) and a small propane furnace to help the geothermal on the coldest days. I am thinking of and on demand hot water system but I would be interested in any suggestions that you might have.
Thanks for sticking with me after the sale.
The Daikin compressor modulates to match the load requirements, delivering only the required energy to satisfy the space conditions. Efficiency increases as the system unloads, driving the energy efficiency up while maintaining comfort in the space by keeping the temperature closer to set point. Since most of the operating hours are under part load conditions, the SmartSource Inverter can take advantage of low airflows while operating quietly at reduced energy levels.
Expanded Capacities and Built-In Comfort Advantages
SmartSource Inverter water source heat pumps are available in 3 and 4 ton sizes, yet can provide extended operating ranges from 1 to 5 ton. This means you get more for your investment without having to upgrade to the next larger size unit.
Many options available include:
Inverter Scroll Advantages
SmartSource Inverter Unique Features
1. Variable Speed ECM Fan Motor: For precise fan control, even at high static pressures, constant CFM up to 0.8 ESP. Two fan speeds are user-selectable from the remote controller.
2. Variable Speed Inverter Compressors: Variable speed swing rotary compressor for size 036 and scroll compressor for size 048. Because these compressors start up at slow speed on every cycle, there is minimal amp draw, very low in-rush current (compared to standard compressors), minimal stress on compressor windings and internal frame, and very low sound levels. The compressor modulates to satisfy the space setpoint for steady temperature control, dehumidfies betterdue to long ON cycles with fewer start/stop cycles, resulting in longer life and less chance of failure.
4. Remote Controller: Large LCD backlight display, simple operation, menu-driven method, using arrow keys for schedule setting and a variety of unit control and maintenance functions.
6. 4-Sided Filter Rack: Standard 1" or Optional 2" filter designed for easy duct connection and filter maintenance. Filter change is easy by loosening the tool-less (threaded knobs) on the access door. The filter rack is available mounted as a right or left hand return air configuration and can accept an optional MERV 8 or 13 filter, for stringent IEQ requirements.
8. Flush Mounted Fittings: Easy one-wrench connection, securely fastened to the cabinet corner posts.
10. Durable Cabinet Construction: Heavy gauge steel with powder coated textured paint for durability, lined with dual density fiberglass insulation on the airside for lower discharge air sound.
The Flow Center is designed to provide long, reliable operation in an attractive cabinet, while providing installation and service benefits. The stylish rugged insulated cabinet provides for flexible installation without feeling the need to hide it out of sight. The Flow Centers are now standard equipment for geoexchange heating and cooling. The Flow Center is one of the greatest things to happen to the geoexchange industry.
Features & Benefits
PVC Manifolds w/ Compression Fittings
Polyethylene Pipe is considered the toughest material available for closed-loop, ground coupled heat pump systems. It meets and exceeds ASTM, AWWA and NSF standards. A dependable product with a 50-year warranty.
Request More Information
Phone Number: or